Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Altec Literature

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    http://www.altecpro.com/products/vin...x.htm#speakers

    you all probably already know about this site.

    I didn't.

    A wealth of data sheets. Even ones on how to recone.

    Ron

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't expect it to be there long - now that ALPro is dead, the website will likely go soon.

    I have all of the literature they have there, plus a bunch more, and am in the process - right now - of assembling them into a new webpage on Bill's new site.

    Watch for it...

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool deal.

    In the meantime, I'm going to print all the good stuff that I own.

    Ron

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Altec Literature


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually knew, but I was too dumb to post the link.

    Good job, the idea being the more people who get copies of all that stuff the more likely it will be around.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Todd W. White:
    Don't expect it to be there long - now that ALPro is dead, the website will likely go soon...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good call. The page still appears, but the content is all gone now. Nothing but dead links.

    Added;

    The Wayback Machine seems to have saved it all (or at least 4,911 parts of it). Just a little harder to find a particular item;

    http://web.archive.org/web/*/altecpro.com/*

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ April 27, 2008 10:49 PM: Message edited by: bfish ]</font>

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Just visited the site only a few PDF amplifier are still active .

  7. #7
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Strange. Almost seems like someone's on the other end deleting files one at a time. forums

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ April 27, 2008 11:33 PM: Message edited by: bfish ]</font>

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    I have ALL of them saved already - I knew they'd do that! It takes up too much space...dummies.

    At any rate, I'm putting together a new website for GPA, and ALL of them will be there, plus all of the ones I have that others have made. When done, GPA's website will have one of the largest, if not THE largest, literature library for Altec products around. It will include everything I have, which covers all of the spec sheets, sales literature, service manuals, technical letters, training manuals, etc.

    It will take a while to get th list done, so I will be adding to it as I can, rather than waiting until the entire thing is finished, but all of the files are already saved, rest assured.

    Of course, finishing Bill's new website has taken a back seat to caring for my mom, who is very close to death from ovarian cancer...so, I'll get the site up as soon as time allows.

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for your kind words - sorry to hear about your losses...

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    My sympathies to the both of you and Godspeed to your mom, I know what a trying/painful experience it was just helping with the long term care of a GF and cousin being consumed one right after the other, but mom is at a whole 'nother level......... Fortunately, my mom was a chain smoker right up to her quick, lung cancer driven death, so was spared an agony that only modern science and a supportive justice system can dispense.

    GM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.